In 2023, the top firms will take two critical steps to relieve managerial stress. They will:
- Provide new training and assistance to help bridge the growing managerial skills gap. The tactics that worked in 2021-22 are unsuitable for the workforce of 2023.
- Clarify management priorities, specify how managers should spend their time, and reorganize their responsibilities as needed.
Engineers are expected to enroll in an executive MBA program, such as a management diploma or a PGDM, in today’s world. It has also been noticed that most students who achieve a perfect score in the CAT are engineers, generally from one of the reputed institutes. An online program is always beneficial for working professionals to enhance their resumes and garner better job opportunities.
That’s why equipping yourself with the most up-to-date MBA Courses in Management can help you a lot. The PGPM program is a 1-2 year MBA course provided by business institutions in India and worldwide. To pursue a Post Graduate Program in Management, candidates must have at least 2-5 years of work experience, which varies amongst institutes. Top institutes in India provide PGPM, which is comparable to an MBA.
PGPM Course Information
- The topics covered in PGPM are Finance Accounting, Marketing Management, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Corporate Finance, Communication skills, Business Laws, and Operations Management.
- Several possibilities for internships and working on real-world projects throughout the course are available as this course is prepared for working people.
- In the second year of the course, students can choose among electives in the domains of economy, finance, general management, information technology, and marketing.
- Candidates who complete this course get recruited in senior management roles in large corporate houses, MNCs, and IT organizations.
- Among professionals, this degree is on par with other management programs such as executive MBA and PGDM.
What exactly Is PGPM?
The PGPM course is particularly created for working individuals who desire to study management for improved future job opportunities. Internships, research projects, and live projects are all part of the PGPM curriculum. It allows them to acquire more access to the business sector and obtain a significant advantage from work-based learning as compared to other traditional academic courses.
Why Study PGPM?
If you are a working professional who wants to take a management course to improve your qualifications, capacity, and management abilities, you should consider taking PGPM.
The following are some more reasons why you should pursue the PGPM program:
- Takes less time: PGPM course can be completed in a year. A certificate equivalent to an MBA course is issued after completion of the course.
- Education while earning: The PGPM course is designed in such a way that it involves either a mandatory internship or a mandatory live project every 3-4 months or even throughout the year. Such many internships and actual projects are not often offered in other management-oriented courses.
- Huge employment options: PGPM graduates have numerous job opportunities in a variety of industries, including corporations, multinational corporations, and information technology firms.
- More compensation: The salary package for PGPM-certified professionals typically runs between INR 10,00,000 to INR 26,00,000, which is much higher than the salary package for any other academic program. This is the primary reason candidates apply to this PGPM program.
Who Should You Pursue PGPM?
The PGPM program is perfect for people who desire to receive broad knowledge in the fields of Management, Business, and Administration in a short period of time.
- Students interested in pursuing a career in management might apply for a PGPM Course.
- This program guarantees high compensation for persons who can lead and manage teams. Individuals with strong leadership characteristics should strongly consider enrolling in a PGPM program to advance their careers in management.
- It’s a wonderful choice for students looking to change occupations.
- It allows less experienced workers to develop in their professions.
When Should You Pursue PGPM?
The PGPM course is designed to improve abilities and satisfy the needs of the industry by utilizing practical techniques. The best time to take a PGPM course is dependent on the individual. Working professionals with 3-4 years of work experience can benefit greatly from the PGPM course. There is a significant demand for PGPM courses due to their extremely lucrative nature. As a result, the Postgraduate degree has become prohibitively expensive, and students have to be prepared to bear the financial load.
Criteria for PGPM Eligibility
Candidates interested in the PGPM program must meet the following qualifying requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college/university with a minimum percentage of 50% or comparable CGPA is required.
- A legitimate score for approved entry examinations such as the CAT, MAT, GMAT, and others is needed.
- Some institutions examine candidates’ job experience when granting admissions. Hence having work experience may be considered a significant factor for PGPM admission.
- Students in the final year of their bachelor’s degree can also apply for these job guarantee programs. They will need to provide a certificate from their Principal or Head of the Department of Registrar certifying that they are currently in their final year and have obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent based on the previous semester or the latest available grades or marks.
How Should You Prepare for the PGPM Entrance Exams?
The Common Aptitude Test is the basic test for admission to all PGPM programs. However, most entrance exams follow similar patterns and are designed to assess students’ abilities.
- Focus on improving fundamentals: Total conceptual clarity and a firm comprehension of the fundamentals are required. Attempt to recognize and improve on the basic foundation subjects.
- Practice time management: Time yourself and make sure to allocate time for each question when preparing. Work on accuracy on the attempted questions as well, rather than attempting all questions quickly. Continue to take sample examinations and solve the prior year’s papers.
- Organize work judiciously: For a popular exam like the CAT, there is no shortage of study resources. On the other hand, having various study resources might be confusing and frustrating. As a result, students are recommended to conduct thorough research on their preferred study material and stick to it rather than attempting to cover topics from all over the place.
- Reading comprehension passages: Candidates should strive to answer the maximum number of questions to get a good percentile.
Scope of PGPM
The demand for PGPM courses is increasing by the day. Companies who hire the candidates pay on par with MBA applicants.
- The PGPM applicants are expected to have more work experience than other course candidates, so the course will likely gain more attention from recruiters.
- A PGPM candidate has several employment choices. PGPM candidates are given management positions in practically every industry, including corporate, MNC, IT, and finance.
- There is also the opportunity to seek various certification courses to improve their talents and managerial capabilities.
- The majority of applicants are engaged as Analysts and Consultants, roles with very high compensation ranging from INR 6-20 LPA.
Executive PG Program in Management
- Course Fee: INR 2,25,000 + GST
- Course Structure: The executive PGP in management comprises Management Foundations and specializations, with a total of 500 hours of learning divided over virtual line courses, online self-study videos, examinations, and project work. Candidates would need to devote around 3-5 hours each week. Over the weekend, there are live virtual classes also.
Other specifications are:
- Weekly interactive live virtual courses
- Online Management Program for 12 Months
- Dedicated career assistance through interview sessions and one-on-one mentoring
- Tailored employment site and unique career fairs
- Individual problem-solving sessions with professional mentors
- Access to GL Confluence Events – Industry and Peer Networking
Working professionals greatly benefit from Executive MBA and PGPM programs. The programs provide an easy and flexible approach to acquiring an MBA while working. The courses are delivered by qualified teachers and provide a thorough curriculum focused on management and strategic decision-making to assist you in developing the skills and information needed to thrive in your profession.