Daily Current Affairs 02 February 2019
Daily Current Affairs 02 February 2019 is will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the upcoming Bank, SSC, Railway & other Govt. exams.
New scheme named Prime Minister Kisan Samman Nidhi
- Presenting the interim budget of 2019-20 in the Lok Sabha, about 27 lakh 84 crore, Finance Minister Piyush Goyal announced several schemes and programs for the help of small farmers, unorganized sector workers, small and marginal farmers.
- The Finance Minister announced this scheme called the Prime Minister Kisan Samman Nidhi, which will give the assistance of 6 thousand rupees per year directly to the farmers’ account.
- This scheme is being implemented from 1st December last year.
4,78,670 houses sanctioned under Pradhanmantri Awas Yojana (Urban)
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has approved the construction of 4,78,670 other affordable houses under the Prime Minister’s Accommodation Scheme (Urban) for the benefit of the urban poor.
- Under the Prime Minister’s housing scheme (urban), the total number of houses sanctioned has now increased to 72,65,763.
Defense Purchase Council approves six indigenous submarines for forty thousand crores
- In the meeting of the Defense Purchase Council held under the chairmanship of Defense Minister Nirmala Sitaraman, the approval of the manufacturing of six indigenous submarines was approved at a cost of 40 thousand crores.
- This is the second big project under the ambitious strategic partnership model of the Ministry of Defense, with the aim of promoting the government’s “Make in India” program.
- The Defense Purchase Council has also approved the purchase of five thousand anti-tank guided missile missiles for the army.
Panel for nomadic communities
- Under the NIT commission, a committee will be set up to identify those non-notified, nomadic and semi-nomadic communities which have not been formally classified.
- Government will constitute a Welfare Development Board under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment to implement welfare programs for these communities.
- The government has proposed to increase the allocation for the welfare of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
Policy Commission – Establishment – January 01, 2015 In place of Planning Commission, Vice President – Rajiv Kumar, CEO – Amitabh Kant
Israeli Prime Minister will visit India
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will come to India on a one-day visit on February 11.
- Netanyahu had earlier visited India in January 2018, while Prime Minister Narendra Modi had traveled Tel Aviv in 2017.
- Modi was the first Indian Prime Minister to visit this Jewish country.
Israel – Capital – Jerusalem, Prime Minister – Benjamin Netanyahu, Currency – Israel’s New Shekel
No income tax for income up to Rs 5 lakh
- Government has announced that वाले personal taxpayers with an annual income of up to Rs 5 lakh will not have to pay any income tax.
- Any tax on gross income up to Rs 6.5 lakh shall not be allowed to be invested in the prescribed instruments.
- Income tax returns will be processed within 24 hours and the counter will be initiated.
Germany, France and Britain have made the continuous payment channel -Instax with Iran
- Germany, France and the United Kingdom have created a paid channel -Instax, supporting the continuation of trade with Iran and reducing the impact of US sanctions.
- Apart from the sanctions imposed by the United States last year, Iran will continue to trade with EU companies.
Germany – Capital – Berlin, Chancellor – Angela Merkel, Currency – Euro (1 EUR – 85 INR)
France – Capital – Paris, President – Amanuel Macro, Currency – Norwegian Krone (1 EUR – 79 INR)
UK – Capital – London, Prime Minister – Theresa May, Currency – Pound Sterling (1 GBP – 90 INR)
Iran – Capital – Tehran, President – Hassan Rouhani, Currency – Iranian Rial (1 INR – 623 IRR)
2019 declared as the International Year of Periodic Table
- The United Nations announced the year 2019 as the International Year of the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements to highlight its first publication.
- The periodic table was first designed by Russian scientist Dmitry Ivanovich Mendeleev.
- This year Mendelive has 150th anniversary of the first publication of the periodic table.
United Nations – Establishment – 24 October 1945, Headquarters – New York, Secretary-General – Antonio Guteras, Member Country – 193, official languages - 6 (English, Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish)
20th India Rang Mahotsav’s grand launch
- The 20th session of India Rang Mahotsav was inaugurated on Friday in the national capital.
- This annual event is done every year on behalf of the country’s prestigious National School of Natal (NSD).
- NSD is an autonomous institute run under the Ministry of Culture of Government of India.
Mithali Raj, the first woman cricketer to play 200 ODIs
- The third and final match of the series between Indian women and New Zealand women team was played at Hamilton’s Sudden Park Cricket Ground.
- When Mithali Raj played the field on the field, he made history. This is his 200th ODI ODI career.
- He is the first woman cricketer to reach this figure. Not only this, it is his 123th match as captain, which is a record.